RULES AND REGULATIONS
A: CEMETERY LOTS1. Lots and Single graves for the interment of the remains of Human Beings are sold subject to the perpetual care provided by the Association, to regulations as to the use of the grounds, to the installation of monuments and markers and to prices determined by the Directors of the Association.
2. A Deed of Ownership will be issued upon full payment of the single grave or a multiple grave lot. Transfer or resale of lots or a portion of a lot may be made only upon approval of the Association. All requests for a transfer must be made in writing to the Association and recorded in its records.
3. A lot may be selected and reservation made with the Office Secretary, who will issue a contract to the Party. Reservations will be held for 30 days awaiting return of the signed contract and 10% of the cost as down payment. Remainder to be paid in 6 months or arrangement for payment can be made within that time. No payment or arrangement in that time, down payment will be forfeited. For any lot selected at the time of a death, one grave and all Cemetery charges must be paid before the interment. Pine Grove Cemetery will bill the family for any additional lots contracted for at the time, on the above basis for payment.
4. All excavations for burial vaults, monuments, grave markers and the opening and closing of all graves, will be performed under the direction of the Superintendent. The Superintendent or his assistant is required to be present at every interment.
5. An order for the opening of a grave must be accompanied by a written authorization from the lot owner through the Funeral Director. When a person to be interred is not a member of the family of the lot owner, an order in writing will be required from the lot owner authorizing the interment. All cemetery charges including grave opening must be paid before the interment. An eight (8) working hour notice shall be given for opening the grave. Vaults for the interment must be delivered to the Cemetery at least two (2) working hours prior to the interment. No funeral will be allowed in the Cemetery on Sundays or Legal Holidays, the only exception being in case of death from a contagious disease, when immediate interment is ordered by the health authorities.
6. Saturday A.M. Funerals will carry an extra charge determined by the Association and must be in the Cemetery before 12 Noon. Notice for a Monday morning funeral in a previously owned lot must be received by the Cemetery Office by noon the Friday before. For any other situation eight (8) working hours notice prevails.
7. Over-boxes or vaults of concrete or non-deteriorating material are required for each interment. Wooden over-boxes are not allowed.
8. Only one body will be interred in a grave, except for cremains, with written permission of the lot owner. Double depth burials will be allowed only in Section V. Proper burial permit must be presented before a body will be interred.
9. Cremation ashes may be interred without an over-box. No more than four cremation interments may be made in any one grave plot.
10. No disinterment will be permitted except on written request of the lot owner and at his expense, or by order of a civil authority having jurisdiction over such matters. Disinterment must be made by the Cemetery personnel.
11. During certain periods of the year, inclement weather may dictate the placing of a body temporarily in the receiving vault and interred in the Cemetery at some future date by the Superintendent.
12. Lots must be fully paid before a monument or headstone may be placed. Only one monument may be erected on each lot or plot. Plans for all monument work must be submitted for approval to the Superintendent. Foundations for all monuments and markers must be made by the Cemetery at the expense of the lot owners.
13. The setting of monuments, stones and vaults and the transportation of all tools, materials etc. within the grounds shall be subject to the direction of the Superintendent. Also when bringing in new stones, the drivers must report to the Superintendent before unloading same.
B. CARE OF THE CEMETERY1. The Association will not be responsible for any damage to, or loss of, any articles which may be placed in the Cemetery, due to causes beyond its reasonable control, such as acts of thieves, vandals and all acts of Providence.
2. Cut flower containers of approved type will be permitted. Glass and tin cans are prohibited.
3. Flower beds or box is permitted in front of the monument only. It must not extend more than 8 inches beyond the face of the monument.
4. All allowed plantings in front of monuments must be well maintained or they will be removed by the Superintendent and Cemetery personnel.
5. No planting allowed in the Urn Garden Section. Only cut flowers will be allowed in suitable containers. These will be removed at the discretion of the Cemetery.
6. Fences, copings, hedges or other enclosures around or within lots or graves shall not be allowed. Any in existence to be removed by the Superintendent if they have become objectionable in his opinion. No urns of any description shall be placed on any lot. Those now in use may be maintained but not replaced.
7. Artificial Flowers and decorations are not permitted between April 1st and December 1st. Grave coverings of suitable evergreens, made in forms of wreaths or blankets, are permitted during winter months. Winter decorations will be removed March 1st.
8. All lots are mowed and trimmed by section; fertilizing and reseeding when deem necessary by the Superintendent. Lot owners or others may not fertilize or reseed individual lots within a section, as uniformity or material used and color of grasses is deemed necessary.
9. No shrubs, evergreens or trees may be planted on any lot by its owner without permission of the Cemetery Superintendent.
10. Any shrub or tree that becomes unsightly, as to size or appearance, will be trimmed or removed by the Superintendent and Cemetery personnel.
11. Remembrance Lites on a grave are prohibited.
12. No dogs or pets of any kind shall be permitted on the Cemetery grounds.
13. No Alcoholic Beverages, Illegal Drugs or Firearms shall be brought into the Cemetery. Firearms may be used at Military Funerals by Authorized Military Personnel only. Shell casing must be picked up and taken away by those using the Firearms.
14. A Speed Limit of 10 M.P.H. will be strictly enforced.
15. Subject to the above Rules & Regulations, the Superintendent has full authority to maintain order; to enforce the Rules and Regulations as set forth. Visitors, lot owners or contractors and their employees are reminded that the Cemetery is sacredly devoted to the dead and that a strict observance of all the properties due such a place shall be required of them.
Copyright © 2018 Pine Grove Cemetery All rights reserved.
Web Design and hosting by webCemeteries.com